Monday, October 08, 2007

Linda LaWare response to Marlyn Bacon

Hi Marilyn,

I am against windmills for several reasons. The foremost reason is that I have read many articles on the net that talk of people living near windmills who have had to abandon their property because of the noise and because they become sick. There are ongoing studies that even suggest that children become autistic if they live in near proximity of these behemoths. I also feel they are NOT nice looking and are a blight on the beautiful landscape, I believe they will become obsolete very quickly and your town will be responsible for removing the 40 foot cube from the ground plus dismantling a 400 foot monster, I can't imagine the cost or where they might put these things. They kill birds and bats no matter what you have heard and they drive wildlife to other areas.

Add to the above that they are primarily owned by foreign investors and are actually being traded all the time or bought by other countries...not America. They produce very little energy and they are attached to the existing grid so there will be even more coal us and more coal burning plants.

Yes, nuclear power, in my opinion, is cleaner and safer!! If you happen to be drivin by a windmill this winter, make sure you watch out for huge blocks of ice that the blades can thrown for huge distances. If you happen to be hit by one of these blocks you would most likely be seriously injured or worse.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will take time to read the other side comments on the Internet. Also make sure you read the information that is from other countries where the windmills have been used for a longer period of time. Maybe you could even find out if any of the government officials live near these things...I will bet you will find out that they do not, they know the real story and they are the people making money from these monsters.

I wish you the best,

Linda LaWare
Attica, NY
llaware@aol.com

No comments: