Cohocton Wind Watch: First Wind enters new partnership agreement
Cohocton Wind Watch is a community citizen organization dedicated to preserve the public safety, property values, economic viability, environmental integrity and quality of life in Cohocton, NY and in surrounding townships. Neighbors committed to public service in order to achieve a reasonable vision for a Finger Lakes region worthy of future generations.


READ about the FIRST WIND Connection to the Obama Administration

Industrial Wind and the Wall Street Cap and Trade Fraud




********************************************************************

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

First Wind enters new partnership agreement

First Wind Holdings Inc., Algonquin Power and Utilities Corp., and Emera Inc. have entered into an agreement to jointly construct, own, and operate wind energy projects in the Northeast, including projects in Maine and Vermont, the three companies said in a press release issued over the weekend.

Boston-based First Wind has a portfolio of five operating wind energy projects and two projects about to go operational. Those assets will become part of an operating company that First Wind will own 51 percent of, the press release said. Emera and Algonquin, both based in Canada, are entering into a joint venture called Northeast Wind that will own the remaining 49 percent of the operating company.

Last year, First Wind drew up plans to go public with an initial public stock offering. In October, First Wind suddenly pulled the plug on the planned IPO after investor demand went slack.

Commenting on First Wind's agreement with Algonquin Power and Emera, a First Wind spokesman wrote in an e-mail that First Wind is excited about this new agreement "because it provides a significant amount of capital so we can build more projects down the road."

Emera and Algonquin have scheduled an analyst call for this morning to discuss the agreement.

Algonquin Power & Utilities owns and operates a diversified portfolio of clean renewable electric generation and sustainable utility distribution businesses in North America.

Emera is an energy and services company with $6.3 billion in assets and revenues of $1.6 billion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home


Click on link to submit your SEC complaint on the
First Wind Holdings Inc. IPO public offering


TEN Reasons
Why the SEC should not allow First Wind to be listed on NASDAQ

First Wind Holdings Inc. 12/22/09 SEC S1/A IPO Filing

First Wind Holdings Inc. 7/31/08 SEC S1 IPO Filing

May 14, 2010 addition to the First Wind Holdings Inc. SEC S1A IPO Filing

August 18, 2010 amendment 7 to the First Wind Holdings Inc. SEC S1A IPO Filing

October 13, 2010 Filing update to the First Wind Holdings Inc. SEC S1A IPO Filing

New October 25, 2010 Filing update to the First Wind Holdings Inc. SEC S1A IPO Filing


FIRST WIND Lays an Egg WITHDRAWS IPO
after Wall Street no confidence in company




Send email request to join - RIWT Facebook Groupsplus
cohoctonwindwatch@gmail.com

RIWT is open to the public

Risks of Industrial Wind Turbines is a group of citizens and organizations dedicated to preserve the public safety, property values, economic viability, environmental integrity and quality of life of residents and future generations.

**************