Thursday, September 17, 2009

'Clean' Energy - VERY IMPORTANT ARTICLE (2 PARTS)

Part I (Click to read part I)

Part II (Click to read part II)

Author Ira Stoll wrote this report published on Future of Capitalism

The treasurer of Cohocton Wind Watch, a group that opposes one of the First Wind wind farms that received stimulus money, Judi Hall, said she has spent tens of thousands of her own dollars fighting against the placement of a 427-foot tall wind turbine 1567 feet from the front door of her home. "I feel like I was kicked in the stomach," she said. "I am so angry….It's just crazy."

A spokesman for First Wind, John Lamontagne, said that although the wind farms in Maine and New York for which his company received stimulus funds had already been completed, the money "will serve as a sort of stimulus for other, future projects."

No comments: