Thursday, May 17, 2007

William Evans letter to UPC

UPC Wind
(Cohocton Office)
28 Maple Ave
Cohocton, NY 14826

May 31, 2006


Dear UPS Wind:

In your Cohocton Wind DEIS, two studies are referenced in the Literature Cited section that I have not been able to access:

Woodlot Alternatives, Inc. 2005a. A Spring 2005 Radar, Visual, and Acoustic Survey of Bird and Bat Migration at the Proposed WindFarm Prattsburgh Project in Prattsburgh, NY. Prepared for WindFarm Prattsburgh, LLC.

Woodlot Alternatives, Inc. 2005b. A Fall 2004 Radar, Visual, and Acoustic Survey of Bird and Bat Migration at the Proposed WindFarm Prattsburgh Project in Prattsburgh, New York. Prepared for WindFarm Prattsburgh, LLC.

In order to fully assess and comment on the Cohocton DEIS, I would need to review these studies. These studies were apparently carried out for UPC's Wind Farm Prattsburg project, so I presume they are accessible to you. If they are available in electronic format please send to my email: wrevans@clarityconneect.com. Otherwise, please let me know how I can obtain a paper copy. I would like to review them, if possible, before June 9th so I can complete my review during the currently active comment period.

Thank you,

William Evans
Old Bird, Inc.
605 W. State St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 272-1786

No comments: