Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hans Daatselaar letter to the Cohocton Planning Board - February 6, 2007

February 6, 2007

Town of Cohocton Planning Board
Cohocton, NY 14826

To whom it may concern'-

My name is Hans Daatselaar and I reside at XXX Dutch Hill Road in Cohocton, New York. This letter and the pages that follow will go into record for possible future legal action concerning the proposed "Dutch Hill Wind Project" being developed by UPC and Canandaigua Power Partners II.

I am writing this letter to record my concerns and objections pertaining to the Dutch Hill DEIS. Copies of this letter will be sent to several government agencies, UPC and the Cohocton Planning Board. As the "so called" lead agency in the SEQRA process, I can only hope all the planning board members have thoroughly read the entire DEIS and are willing and able to make sound decisions without interference from UPC, Jack Zigenfus or other town board members.

My primary concern is the proposed location of turbine #1, the cumulative effect of turbine #2 as well as the proposed access road and buried inter-connect running along my property line. The proposed location for turbine #1 is roughly (using maps prepared by ESS Group Inc. for UPC) 1,500 feet west of my house and sighted on top off a hill which is 200 feet above the elevation of my house. Add 200 plus 420 (turbine height) and turbine #1 and #2 will loom 620 feet above and upwind of my home.

Please keep this very important fact in mind as you read why I feel turbine #1 needs to be eliminated or relocated.

Sincerely,
Hans Daatselaar
(Page 1 of 5)

C%3A%5CDocuments%20and%20Settings%5Csartre%5CMy%20Documents%5CWindFarm%5CCWWmembers%5CHansCPB032707.rtf

No comments: