Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Councilman Kula's June 6, 2009 Final Response Letter to Prattsburgh Supervisor McConnell

Steven R. Kula
(607)522-3377
11470 Davis Road
Prattsburgh, NY 14873
steve.kula@yahoo.com

June 9, 2009

J. Harold McConnell
Supervisor
Town of Prattsburgh
19 North Main Street
PO Box 427
Prattsburgh, NY 14873

Dear Supervisor:

I have received your letter denying our request for a special meeting. I have contacted the Committee on Open Government and the New York State Association of Towns regarding this matter, and I would suggest that you do the same.

Town Law, section 62 clearly states that the Town Supervisor shall call a special meeting upon written request of two board members. There is nothing that states that we must first put forth a motion to be considered. Additionally, I have been elected to represent the town, and I have every right to speak and put forth information at any Prattsburgh Town Board meeting.

Consider this my final request. You have 10 days to convene the meeting that we have requested.

Sincerely,

Steven R. Kula
Town Councilman
Town of Prattsburgh

No comments: