Friday, October 20, 2006

Jeff Miller email to CWW

Hey guys,

I've been having this nagging question haunt me for some time. I haven't found a way of asking it, so I thought that since writing is my strong point, I would write the question. Here goes: It's difficult to tell what¹s going on here.

The members of Cohocton Wind Watch say that they do not support wind development within the town of Cohocton. It began several months ago at town and planning board meetings when CWW members began accusing the town board of railroading and poor planning of local laws in regards to the wind tower project.

CWW has also declared that wind towers are dangerous and a nuisance to the community.

Suddenly, along came Empire State Wind Energy with a proposal to offer more money. Cohocton Wind Watch is not opposing them. Empire State Wind Energy is telling the town board that they can have whatever scale project they want. CWW is not upset.

Empire State Wind has the potential for the same tower height as UPC. CWW is not upset.

Keith Pitman and Tom Golisano have both stated that they will not come into a town without the townspeople's approval. CWW is not telling them Get out. We don't want wind power development in Cohocton. My simple question is why? I don't get it. Are towers dangerous or not? Do you want to see towers spread throughout the hills of Cohocton or not? Empire State Wind Energy has been welcomed by CWW. Why? They offer a wind turbine project that has the potential of equaling UPC. Why be angry at one and not the other? I don't get it.

Jeff Miller

Genesee Country Express

No comments: